Last Updated: 8th January 2019
This document informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our websites and the choices you have associated with that data.
- Service: Service is our operations and websites (including but not limited to the aag.org.au website) operated by Access Australia Group Limited.
- Personal Data: Personal Data means data about a living individual who can be identified from the data (or from those and other information either in our possession or likely to come into our possession).
- Usage Data: Usage Data is data collected automatically and either generated by the use of the Service or from the Service infrastructure itself (for example, the duration of a page visit).
- Cookies: Cookies are small pieces of data stored on your device (computer or mobile device).
Information Collection and Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Personal, identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information about how the service is accessed and used. This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyse our service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our service.
Use of Data
Access Australia Group Limited uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain our service
- To notify you about changes to our service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer support
- To gather analysis or valuable information so that we can improve our service
- To monitor the usage of our service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Legal Basis for Processing Personal Data Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Access Australia Group Limited may process your Personal Data because:
- We need to perform a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- The processing is in our legitimate interests and it’s not overridden by your rights
- To comply with the law
Retention of Data
Access Australia Group Limited will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of our service, or we are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
Transfer of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those in your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Your Data Protection Rights Under General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. Access Australia Group Limited aims to take reasonable steps to allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Data.
If you wish to be informed about the Personal Data we hold about you and you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to be informed; This means anyone processing your personal data must make clear what they are processing, why, and who else the data may be passed to.
- The right of access; this is your right to see what data is held about you by AAG.
- The right to rectification; the right to have your data corrected or amended if what is held is incorrect in some way.
- The right to erasure; under certain circumstances you can ask for your personal data to be deleted. This is also called ‘the Right to be Forgotten’. This would apply if the personal data is no longer required for the purposes it was collected, or your consent for the processing of that data has been withdrawn, or the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The right to restrict processing; this gives you the right to ask for a temporary halt to processing of personal data, such as in the case where a dispute or legal case has yet to be concluded, or the data is being corrected.
- The right to data portability; you have the right to ask for any data you have supplied directly to Access Australia Group Limited, to be provided in a structured, commonly used, and machine-readable format.
- The right to object; you have the right to object to further processing of your data which is inconsistent with the primary purpose for which it was collected, including profiling, automation, and direct marketing.
- Rights in relation to automated decision making and profiling; You have the right not to be subject to a decision based solely on automated processing.
Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyse the use of our Service.
Based on our legitimate interest in the prevention of spam and abuse, we also use the reCAPTCHA feature of Google on our websites. This function is primarily used to distinguish whether an input is made by a natural person or by automated processing. The service includes the sending of the IP address and possibly other data required by Google for the reCAPTCHA service to Google.
‘Do Not Track’ notifications.
Some browsers allow you to automatically notify websites you visit not to track you using a “Do Not Track” signal. There is no consensus among industry participants as to what “Do Not Track” means in this context. Like many websites and online services, we currently do not alter our practices when we receive a “Do Not Track” signal from a visitor’s browser. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” you may wish to visit www.allaboutdnt.com.
- By email: email@example.com
- By visiting this page on our website: https://aag.org.au/ contect-with-us/
- By phone number: +61 3 5445 9800