Access Skills Training
Access Skills Training (AST) is an accredited Australian Registered Training Organisation regulated by the Australian Skills Quality Authority, registration number 4603. We provide quality vocational education and training across Victoria, nationally and internationally in Asia. AST is a dynamic and diverse not-for-profit organisation that has been working in the community since 1992.
In 2015 AST merged with Continuing Education Bendigo. This allowed AST to offer an expanded range of courses catering to the learning and development needs of individuals, business and industry, and our community.
Clients of Access Skills Training include
- our own employees within our Australian Disability Enterprises
- employees of other ADEs and clients of disability service organisations seeking skills training
- vocational training students in secondary schools
- local people within the Central Victorian region and students seeking training through our partnerships across the state
- Our community and business seeking professional and work skills training
- Community members seeking recreational and non accredited short courses
International opportunities in SE Asia are supported through our International key Relationship Manager based in Manila, Philippines.
Two staff were recently part of an international delegation to Indonesia hosted by the Australian Council of Private Education and Training, meeting partner higher education and VET providers in Indonesia.
AST continues to provide vocational education and training to secondary school students completing Certificate level qualifications. The Catholic Education Commission of Victoria provides strong support for these programs – AST staff work across Victoria to provide in-school service and support the delivery of quality vocational training.
We provide VET training management services through a team of relationship managers. Partners are often working in community settings supporting those experiencing disadvantage due to unemployment, lack of career opportunities or living with a disability.